Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive And Survive in Their Digital World
What is your current green lighting/permission policy for new apps?
10) Relationships: Does your child currently have any relationships with digital component (i.e. Minecraft, Fortnite with friends, texting, group chat/social media or school-based apps like Google apps, Edmodo, etc.)
11) Have you ever observed your kid being inconsiderate or mean? Does their personality change when they are on a device? Have they mentioned/have you observed other kids being inconsiderate or unkind?
12) Time Management: Are you concerned about your kids time management? Thinking about your kids—how much do they currently understand about double screening/multi-‐tasking?
How can you help them co-‐create solutions? What are the ways you address your own digital distractions? Have you shared these with your children?
13) Reputation. Do your kids follow famous people (i.e.:athletes, musicians, or politicians)
Have you talked with them about the idea of “digital footprint”? How well do they understand this idea? We don’t want to threaten kids about a bad reputation, we want them to be their best selves, even when no one is watching.
14) What is one area in your family’s approach to tech that you are excited to start working on/co-‐creating solutions with your child?