Virtual Parent Talks to support parents during COVID19:
Devorah Heitner offers parents the support, encouragement and pragmatic tips they need to survive remote learning and make decisions about kids and tech during this stressful time.
Devorah’s virtual parent talks can focus on supporting kids friendships during quarantine, balancing tech time, and making remote learning work for your family. She offers interactive Q and A and can customize the talk for the needs of your company or school community.
Talks for parents can focus on:
- Supporting kids’ friendships during this time.
- What should the “screen time” rules be for both recreational and learning tech use during this unusual time.
- How to help kids deal with anxiety during this time.
- How to keep up with news without getting overwhelmed (and being cautious with what news kids are consuming)
- How can adults model healthy habits and boundaries while working from home with our children around.
- How can social media help our kids keep in touch with friends?
- Setting up routines and spaces at home for remote learning
- How can parents mentor kids on social media, texting and gaming during this time.
Schools are working hard to support students during COVID-19. Devorah can consult with you about how your school can meet parents and students where they are.
Contact: [email protected] to schedule.
What people are saying:
Devorah hosted a webinar for thousands of employees at leading companies around how to make distance learning work for kids during the pandemic. The parents who attended shared that Devorah’s guidance gave them practical advice and tips on how to best support their kids – and themselves – right now. Her perspective and expertise on how to guide children in this digital age is what parents need right now.
Emily Paisner, Director of Marketing at Care.com
Devorah, I want to thank you for sharing your research and advice, especially tailored for these strange times. What I really liked about what you just shared with us is that it both had a broad kind of overarching and connecting themes and the “in the weeds” detailed advice we are craving as parents, especially right now.
Parent at Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Devorah Heitner’s parent talk was superb! Her talk was humorous, interactive, practical, and highly relevant to parents’ questions and concerns. We are looking forward to having Devorah back next year. Highly recommended!
Alicia Duell, Director of Technology and Information Services CCSD21